Easy Stir-fry Chicken Fillet

April 21, 2014

It was Good Friday, and I didn't want to cook pork. I opened the freezer and searched for the boneless chicken breasts and thawed them. No recipe in mind yet. I checked the cupboard and found out that we didn't have canned mushrooms left. What I found was "tenga ng daga" or black fungus which I planned to use on my Sotanghon dish. "Tenga ng daga"  or black fungus (Auricularia polytricha, syn. Hirneola polytricha) is an edible jelly fungus or mushroom. It is gray-brown in color and often used in Asian cooking. I got that my friend, Wikipedia. "wink". 

Still no recipe in mind, I took different spices from our spice tray and decided I will just stir-fry and cook "maskipaps"( a Tagalog shortened term for maski papaano, meaning whatever comes to mind or anything goes! ) Here it is after cooking! 





Ingredients:



  • 3/4 kilo boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunky strips
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 thumb-sized fresh ginger, peeled and cut into strips
  • 1 chicken bouillon
  • 4 pieces red chillies, chopped
  • 1 small pack of black fungus (tenga ng daga)
  • 1 tsp Hoisin sauce
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp curry powder
  • salt, pepper to taste
  • 4 stalks of spring onions, chopped
How to cook:
  • Heat oil. Saute garlic until brown. Add ginger and onions. Smells good!
  • Put the chicken. Saute and stir.
  • Once browned, put the black fungus.
  • Add the spices and stir-fry.
  • Check the taste. It should have a spicy curried taste and delicious.
  • Sprinkle the chopped spring onions.
  • Saute and stir some more until the ingredients are blended together.
  • Done! 
  • Transfer to a serving dish and serve or make it as a rice topping!
Fast and easy to cook!  Until next time!  <3 -jewel


Comments

Popular Posts