Today, I am sharing with you Cream Dory in Sour Soup or Tamarind soup. I also call it Sinigang na Cream Dory. Sinigang is a Tagalog word which does not have a direct translation in English. Sinigang is a sour soup usually made from tamarind. Pork and shrimp are also favorite sinigang dishes.
This is also a healthy dish because main ingredient is cream dory (a white meat fish). Let's start!
CREAM DORY IN SOUR SOUP/SINIGANG (Sinigang na Cream Dory)
- a pack of Cream Dory fish (in the frozen section of the supermarket), about 3-4 pieces, cubed or cut into bite szes
- 2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, sliced
- Vegetables: a bunch of string beans, cut to 2"; 1 eggplant, sliced diagonally; 10 okras, sliced 1 /2 ' diagonally; 1 bunch of water spinach or "kangkong" cut to your preference; 5 pieces banana peppers
- 7-8 cups water
- fish sauce; salt; pepper
- MSG (optional)
- Sinigang sa Sampalok (Tamarind) Mix
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Heat pan, add 2 tbsp. of canola oil.
- Saute onions (until tranparent) and tomatoes. Mash the tomatoes so that the juices will come out.
- Add the Cream Dory cubes, (we are sauteeing the cream dory cubes to remove fishy taste or lansa. I do this when cooking Maya- maya in Miso soup), for just about 2 minutes.
- Pour 7-8 cups of water in the pan. Let boil then add the Sinigang sa Samapalok Mix. (You may use any brand) and ground pepper; salt and fish sauce. Stir well and adjust to taste.
- Then add the Cream Dory cubes set aside earlier. Simmer for 5 minutes more. Check the taste, adjust the seasonings and we're done! :)
- Transfer in a serving dish. Serve with fish sauce (patis) with squeezed calamansi or lemon; rice and ice-cold drink. Best served also with fried fish of any kind.
Hope you enjoyed cooking with me. Please give your feedback and comments. Feel free als o to like and share! I would appreciate them. Until next time! - jewel