My ARROZ A LA CUBANA


Arroz a la Cubana. The Spanish dish consists of rice, fried egg and tomato sauce. It is sometimes served with fried plaintain. (wikipedia) This dish has become popular in the Philippines that we, Filipinos came up with our version. The Filipino version consists of rice, fried egg, fried plantain or saging na saba, ground beef or pork, and tomato sauce.
This has become one of my kids' favorite, and I have cooked this for them since they were little. :)
In my version, however, I omitted tomato sauce. Instead, I just use tomatoes. here it is:

My ARROZ A LA CUBANA
Ingredients:


  • 1 kilo ground pork
  • 3 medium-sized potatoes, cut into cubes
  • 3 medium-sized carrots, cut into cubes
  • 2 medium tomatoes, sliced and mashed
  • 1 cup sweet green peas
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 Tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tbsp Worchestershire
  • salt, ground pepper, MSG to taste
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar
Garnishings:
  • 6 sunny side up eggs
  • 10 pcs. medium-sized bananas (preferably, saging na saba), halved and fried
How to Cook!

  • Heat oil in pan.
  • Saute garlic. Then onions.
  • Put tomatoes and mash.
  • Add the ground pork and mix well.
  • Put fish sauce and stir to combine.
  • Continue stirring until meat has browned. Add paprika, salt,pepper and MSG.
  • Meat will emit its own juice so no need to add water.
  • Add the carrots and continue stirring.
  • Add potatoes, then the raisins and sweet green peas.
  • Mix well, making sure all the ingredients are combined.
  • Check the taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
  • Turn off heat.
  • Transfer to a serving dish or a plate.
  • Garnish with fried saging na saba and top with fried egg.

There! You may arrange it any way you want to. This is how I serve it, per plate. ;)

Hope you enjoyed cooking with me! Follow me for more adventures in the kitchen and beyond! 
Until next time! <3 - jewel

Comments

Popular Posts