Golden Pancit Bihon Guisado

Happy one-week of blogging to me! Since this calls for a celebration (for me,that is! "grin"), I will be sharing to you my version of  Golden Pancit Bihon . Yes, golden! I like my pancit bihon's transparent noodles glistening like gold.
I am not a chef by profession, nor a professional cook. I do a lot of homecooking for my loved ones. That's probably the difference between homecooking and fine-dining. When I cook, I do it with love and a dash of passion.
 Bihon or Rice stick noodles, are said to have originated from China. In Filipino celebrations, this is always part of the menu. Let me share you my version. :)

GOLDEN PANCIT BIHON GUISADO





Ingredients:



  • 1/2 kilo bihon or rice stick noodles (you may submerge this in warm water for 10 minutes if you are not sure how to calculate cooking it directly. )
  • 1/4 kilo chicken fillet cut in strips
  • /4 kilo pork, cubed or cut in strips
  • 1/4 kilo liver, cubed or cut in strips
  • 4 cloves garlic,minced
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • Baguio beans, carrots, cabbage (depending on your preference. You may put other vegetables,too.)
  • Salt, pepper, fish sauce, soy sauce
  • Pork or chicken cube (optional)
  • MSG (optional)
  • Annato powder or "Atchuete" (optional)

TOPPINGS:

  • Fried squid balls
  • 1 scrambled egg, sliced in strips
  • Peanuts
  • Calamansi or lemon

Let's cook!

  • Saute garlic, then onions


  • Add pork, then add chicken strips. Mix and saute. 


  • Brown on all sides.


  • Add liver. Mix well and make sure liver is not over-fried,otherwise it will toughen.

  • Season with salt, pepper, fish sauce, pork or chicken cubes (optional), soy sauce, annato powder (optional). I put annato powder or "atchuete" to achieve the golden look.
  • Add the carrots, baguio beans, and cabbage, in that order. Make sure they are half-cooked.







  •  Set aside about half of the meat and veggies.
  •  Put 4 cups of water. Let boil. Taste and season again according to your taste.

  • Add the rice stick noodles. Mix well and make sure they are submerged well for even cooking. Let the noodles absorb all the liquid.



  • After mixing thoroughly and the noodles are cooked, transfer to a serving platter.
  • Top with the veggies set aside earlier, the fried squid balls, scrambled eggs and peanuts. DONE! :)




My Golden Pancit Bihon Guisado topped with fried squid balls, scrambled eggs and peanuts. Squeeze some calamansi or lemon if need be. One ingredient that is not here which I usually put also is prawn. I love prawns, too!

Hope you enjoyed cooking with me.Please feel free to like,share and follow me for more adventures in the kitchen and beyond! Hugs!

Comments

Popular Posts