Happy Sunday everyone! I wanted to cook something special for lunch today and thought of Honey-Teriyaki Chicken and Spinach Quiche. I'll blog Spinach Quiche next.
- · 1 kilo chicken breast fillet, cut into cubes
- · A pinch of salt and pepper
- · flour for dredging
- · ½ cup honey
- · ¼ cup Soy sauce
- · 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- · ½ cup grated ginger
- · 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
- · 1 cup water
Cornstarch mixture :
- · 2 Tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in ¼ of water
How to cook:
- · Rub chicken breast cubes with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- · Dredge with flour.
- · Heat oil and brown chicken.
- · Set aside.
- · In a sauce pan, toast sesame seeds.
- · Add in the sauce mixture.
- · Season to taste.
- · Add the the cornstarch mixture.
- · Once the sauce has thickened, turn off heat.
- · Transfer chicken to a serving plate.
- · Pour Teriyaki sauce.
- · Serve with rice and ice-cold drinks. ;)
For more adventures in the kitchen and beyond, please follow my blog.
Until next time! <3 jewel
Jewelled Kitchen and beyond