Twice-cooked Baby Back Ribs with Home made Sauce

My kids and I simply love baby back ribs and spare ribs which are fall off the bones and really delicious! It's our time to literally dig in and enjoy the finger-licking goodness of the dish. Even if that means a smear of sauce on our faces. Lol!
Here's a recipe I got from the net, (couldn't remember where) and developed to our own taste. Hope you like it, too!

TWICE COOKED-BABY BACK RIBS with HOME MADE SAUCE

I cooked this last week but I was not able to blog it right away. I still have a lot of recipes to blog, actually. Here it is now! Just looking at the pictures makes me hungry. I can still smell the herbs and the taste, uhmmm! Tender, juicy and flavorful. I put in a lot of ingredients here. Once I served it on the table, it was gone in a jiffy hahaha!

When it comes to measuring the ingredients, I just put them without really measuring. It's like, I just know how much to sprinkle here and there. For you, however, I am specifying measurements which you can adjust to suit your taste. :)

Ingredients:

These are the ingredients for the dry rub and the sauce. The next picture will be for the dry rub. You will notice that the ingredients are the same except that the liquid ingredients are added to make the sauce.
For the dry rub:
  • 3 cloves garlic, pounded
  • 5 pieces bay leaves
  • 1 Tbsp ground pepper
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp paprika
  • 1 Tbsp rosemary 
  • 1 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 Tbsp ginger powder
For the sauce:
  • 3-4 cloves garlic, pounded and minced
  • 3 pieces bay leaves
  • 2 Tbsp ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsps paprika
  • 2 Tbsps rosemary 
  • 2 Tbsps chili powder
  • 2 Tbsps garlic powder
  • 2 Tbsps ginger powder
  • 4 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
  • 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 cup catsup
  • 1 cup hot sauce
  • 1 cup Budweiser hot sauce.
  • 1 Tbsp salt
How to cook:

  • For the sauce: Combine the sauce ingredients and let boil in a sauce pan. Stirring constantly until sauce thickens. 

  • Check the taste and adjust to your preference. Set aside.
  • Wash and clean the ribs well. Remove the white ligaments at the back for a fall-off the bones softness. (This is optional.)

  • Combine the ingredients for the dry rub. Spread on the ribs liberally on both sides. Let the meat absorb the flavors for 4 hours or more. You may leave it at room temperature, wrapped and coovered, or you may refrigerate it overnight, if you are in a rush.
  • Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F, or, 165 degrees C
  • Line a baking sheet or tray with aluminium foil.
  • Place the ribs , bones side down.
  • Bake for 1 hour or until the meat is tender and is starting to pull away from the bones.

  • Next, Place the ribs on the rack of the turbo broiler. (Or, you may use your grill)
  • Brush the sauce on the meat and ribs before grilling.

  • I set the timer on 20.
  • It looked delicious and  crispy!
  • Transfer on a serving platter.
  • Pour the sauce on the meat. 
  • Serve with rice, side dish and lots of ice-cold drinks!
  • Done!
Oh, so yummmmmmy! You have to try this!
Let me know how it went. I will appreciate if you will like and share this with your friends!

Thanks again for dropping by. For more adventures n the kitchen and beyond, please follow my blog.
Until next time! <3 - jewel

Comments

Popular Posts