Prawns with Oats and Butter

I have been busy and at the same time, not in the pink of health lately that I now have a backlog of posts. I hope I can post all of them as much as I could.

I am sharing now a very delish way to cook Prawns. Crisp and yummy! I love prawns and will never get tired of eating them.

Prawns with Oats and Butter

 Yes, with oats and butter. You may use cereals, as well. :)

Ingredients:



Prawns Mixture:
  • 1/2 kilo Large prawns (I used more than half a kilo)
  • 2 Tbsp salt
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups flour (so that prawns will be coated thoroughly)

Oats mixture:
  • 1- 1/2 cup oats or cereals
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp white sugar
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp powdered sugar
For frying and for the sauce-like mixture:
  • cooking oil
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 chopped red chilies
  • 1 bunch Pepper leaves (dahon ng sili)
  • salt, ground pepper, chili powder to taste
  • 1 cube shrimp bouillon (optional)
  • MSG (optional)
How to cook:

  • Clean the prawns well. Remove or cut the swimmerets and the pointed hard parts on the head.


  • The prawns will look like these after cutting.



  • Sprinkle salt on prawns.


  •  Dip in beaten egg.




  • Roll in flour.
  • Deep-fry the prawns for just about a few minutes. Set aside.
  • Heat oil in pan. Add butter. Low heat only.
  • Add the chopped red chillies and pepper leaves.



  • Pour the oats mixture and continue stirring until it becomes paste-like.
  • Check the taste for seasonings.
  • Add in the deep-fried prawns.
  • Sprinkle annato powder if you want more color.
  • Toss lightly making sure the prawns are fully coated by the oats mixture.
  • Turn off heat. Transfer to a serving platter.
  • Arrange in a way that would look so appetizing!

Done! Delicious and crispy! Thanks for cooking with me! Hope you try it,too and let me know how it went. Would appreciate your feedback and comments!
Follow me for more adventures in the kitchen and beyond! Till next time! <3 - jewel


Comments

Popular Posts