Chili Garlic Prawns in Butter

I guess it's pretty obvious that I love prawns and shrimps! "wink" I'm sharing with you Chili Garlic Prawns which I cooked on Father's day. With that, I'd like to greet all wonderful Dads and single-Moms a Happy Dad's day!
Aside from Chili Garlic Prawns in Butter, I also cooked Creamy White Wine Garlic Shrimp Pasta which I will also be sharing on my next blog.

CHILI GARLIC PRAWNS in BUTTER

This is not my original recipe, but I always put twists on my cooking to make it more personalized and to suit my taste. I always try to make the steps as easy as possible so that you can also cook this at home.

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 kilo Large prawns (or more if you want to)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 5 red bird's eye chilies or siling labuyo, chopped (I use scissors to cut them)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 stems spring onions, chopped
  • 4 stems pepper leaves (dahon ng sili)
  • salt, ground pepper, chili powder
How to cook:
  • Wash and clean the prawns. Snip off the hard, pointed part above the head. Set aside.

  • Heat oil in pan. Add the butter. When butter has melted, add garlic, then the red chilies.

  • Put the prawns. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili powder (optional)


  •  Turn on the other side and cover with the butter mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes only.

  • Add in the chopped pepper leaves and spring onions. Stir. 
  • Adjust seasonings according to your preference. 
  • Done! Transfer to a serving platter and arrange in a way that would appeal to the eyes, too! 
See? Fast and easy to cook. Try this at home and impress them! Serve with hot rice or pasta and ice-cold drinks. If you baked something for dessert, serve it afterwards. Yummy!

If you have comments, suggestions and feedback, please let me know. I'd appreciate them.
Until next time! Follow me for more adventures in the kitchen and ...beyond! <3 - jewel


Comments

Popular Posts